Monday, March 2, 2015

3.2.15

Second Time Around

It's been an interesting week. We had stake conference and zone conference this week and exchanges and it's just been crazy. Our training that we gave during Zone Conference was great. If only my companion actually applied to his life and his mission. Our numbers were flat our awful this week. Some of that is accredited to the fact that we had so many meetings and then a baptism on Friday so our time was a bit limited. I'm just enduring until transfer day and then hopefully my problem just gets transferred. hahah

Our Stake Conference was pretty awesome though. It was the second time that I've attended Stake Conference now we're Elder Larry J. Echo Hawk has presided, hence the title of my email! :) Last time it was one of the most spiritual meetings I had ever attended. This time was just the same. He made the comment during the Saturday Adult Session that, "The Philippines Bacolod Mission has been described as the strongest mission in the world." Then at the Sunday General Session he said, "This mission has been described as the best mission in the Church." I don't say these things to brag about our mission, but it truly amazes me that of all the members, and all the missionaries in the world, I was chosen to serve here. I am far from perfect. I am far from the "strongest in the world" or the "best in the church." But it just goes to show that anybody can make a difference. The Lord chooses the weak things of the world to confound the wise and the strong! That's me. I have contributed but a small amount to the great success of the Bacolod Mission, but I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have been given to serve here. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

I just hope that as I get closer and closer to the end that I get more and more focused. The thing I learned from President Lopez is to never give up and to work til the end. Even the day before he left. He acted and talked as if he would still be here the next day. Hopefully I can do the same! It'll be difficult but that's what I have challenged myself with! Hope I can stand up to it!

I love you all! :) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment