Monday, March 2, 2015

1.26.15

Transfer Week

Well this week was crazy! We had our Mission Presidents Training scheduled for the 21st, but of course we have no Mission President currently so who was left to give the training? The Zone Leaders. That's us. haha So Tuesday night at about 9pm we got a call from the Zone Leaders from the previous Zone who had the training and they give us President's Training plan. So we had like no time to prepare, but it wasn't too bad. It was a lot of group participation. Then we had a great catered lunch afterwards. Then I went on exchanges with Elder Goodmansen in the 2nd Ward. It wasn't a super productive day, but it was fun and we had a dinner appointment so that was great!

Yesterday was a pretty crazy day. We had no power at the church, so it was kinda hot! They hooked up the generator to have lights but there was no AC. During sacrament the 4 of us missionaries gave a musical number. It wasn't that great. Only two of us knew how to sing a part and then the other two just sang melody and then when we started the 2nd verse they pulled a key change on us so that threw everything off, it was a bit crazy. haha

After church we attended Ward Council. I felt kinda bad because I had to slightlyl chastise the ward. Our concern had to deal with being on time. In our Ward Sacrament is last. So our Sacrament attendance was 231, but at 9am when church is supposed to start there was 17 people at church. 4 of those 17 were missionaries and another 1 was an investigator. So 12 members were at church on time. Kinda pathetic. But I think I made my point and hopefully it gets fixed! After Ward Council Elder Lopez and I got notified that he was being transferred. Totally did not see that coming. Then we attended the Stake PEC meeting to discuss missionary concerns of the Stake. After that we had an apppointment at the church and then we just hung out. Not much to do at 7pm.

Then this morning we get to the Mission Office and the assistants tell me that I'm going to love my new companion, and that I transferred as well. However I just transferred bedrooms in our house! We got pulled out of the 1st Ward so our area just gets taken over by the sisters. So now their area is huge! I'm now assigned to the Bacolod 2nd Ward and my companion is Elder Babida. I'm kinda glad I got transferred because our area was not really that great. We didn't have much success and it was hard. But we did have one baptism and they should have another baptism this next month! The 2nd Ward however is doing better. So i'm excited for that!

Well that's about it! I love you all. Hope you all have a good week and continue to read your scriptures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment