Thursday, April 16, 2015

3.9.15

Week 4!

The streak of weekly baptism continues! We should be able to get to week 6 the way it's looking. Not sure if we have one for week 7! It's just so amazing to see the work of the Lord going forward in such haste!

Elder Babida transferred this morning. I was hoping that would help me to get a new companion with a greater desire to work. But that isn't what I got. I got a companion who goes home in 6 weeks. So hopefully this works out! I'm the senior in the area so he has to follow my lead! haha It should be alright though! The work never gets easier. Up until the day you leave missionary work is still hard!

We had an unfortunate loss this past week. On Monday our recent convert Tatay Rolando suffered a stroke which ended up taking his life just yesterday morning. We were able to visit him at the hospital on Friday, but it was as if he was not conscious. We knew he didn't have long. It is a tremendous blessing that he was able to join himself with the church and be baptized just this last January. Elder Lopez and I were the ones who interviewed him when I was still assigned in 1st Ward. He was an awesome old man. He always made us laugh. Now he's doing the same in the next life I'm sure! He will be missed.

Some may look at it as though "Look, he was baptized and then he died." But the true fact is that the Lord new his time was coming to an end. So he put the gospel into his life before he was taken. The Lord knows what we need it and when we need it. He goes before us, behind us, and beside us. He is our strength and our salvation!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Say your prayers and read your scriptures. As we keep the commandments, we prosper. It says so 34 times in the Book of Mormon. Put it to the test! ;) LOVE YOU PO! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment