Monday, March 2, 2015

2.23.15

Weekly Baptism! :)

Well like I said I've finally been able to live the vision of weekly baptism! We baptized Sister Marciana Villarosa this past Saturday! She's 69 years old! She was so excited for her baptism that she showed up like an hour early to the church! That doesn't happen here because people are always late! Then she also had a bit of a fever and because everything imaginable went wrong to make the baptism start late it didn't start until like 6:30 so it was a bit cold and she already felt cold because she was sick. So when she got into the water she was shaking really bad! At first she wouldn't let go of the bar on the edge until I grabbed her hand and put it on my arm! It was crazy! Then I baptized the sisters candidate, Brother Ashley. First time I've baptized somebody taller than me! It was pretty crazy! I was the most wet I've ever been after a baptism! But it was a good Saturday!

We also have another baptism set for this Friday! That'll make 3 weeks in a row! The work is going really well in the Bacolod 2nd Ward. We may also have a baptism every week of March! I'm so excited! I love the 2nd Ward. We got fed like champs this past week as well. That's another reason I love this ward. Because they love us! haha

We have a Zone Conference this week, there will be 2 Zones. We have to give a 20 minute training. Our training is on Scripture Study and Virtue. We're going to tie in Ephesians 6:11-17 and the story of Thor. It's gonna be great. I'm actually kinda excited. I always get nervous training other missionaries though, as if I'm better than them. (I'M NOT!) haha But it should be a good day, and then there's free lunch, so that's always great!

Well, In terms of my study this week I just read today in D&C 101:36

"Wherefore, fear not even unto death; for in this world your joy
is not full, but in me your joy is full."

Our joy will never be full in this life. No matter what we do. True joy only comes in the next life. It is proceeded by a life of following the commandments and doing all that our Heavenly Father asks of us. We cannot reach our full potential in the next life if we don't do all that he asks. Salvation is free, but it's not at the same time. No money can buy it, but we pay for it through our righteous thoughts and actions that stem from our faith in Him. It isn't just given to us because we say we have faith in Him, or because He's a gracious Father. It comes through the atonement of Jesus Christ. It comes through obedience. That's the only way to become full of joy. In a life of devoted discipleship! I hope we all can receive this fullness of joy in the end as we do all that the Lord asks of us!

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment