Monday, August 25, 2014

8.18.14

Bye-Bye Elder Busadre

Well like I said last week, this last wednesday was transfer day. I didn't expect a transfer because I had only been in Manta-angan for 1 transfer and Elder Busadre had only been there for 4 weeks. But like I said, President Lopez is unpredictable. Elder Busadre transferred. Which means that our District Leader left. So now Elder Walters is the District Leader! First time that's happened. I have been a Junior Companion for my entire mission, until now! I'm kinda nervous but kinda excited at the same time. My new companion is Elder De Guzman. He's from La Union, which is in Upper Luzon. He is Ilokano, Ilokano is crazy ridiculous and hard to understand and speak. I looked at an Ilokano Book of Mormon and I had no clue. haha He also know's Tagalog like most Filipinos. He speaks a lot of Tagalog still in our lessons but that's alright because they all understand him. He is my first companion who's been here for less time than I have. So we'll see how this goes! We're off on a new adventure! haha

Well I'd like to just share one thing that happened a couple weeks ago. We had found a new investigator in the former investigators list of our area book. We had been teaching him for a couple weeks and we had stopped by his house on a Saturday before church and invited him to church and he said "yea for sure, I don't have anywhere to go tomorrow!" So we had hoped to see him the next day. Unfortunately he didn't come. So then the next Saturday we stopped by his house again. First thing I said was "Brother, I thought you were gonna go to Church last Sunday." He replied by saying that he ended up searching for a job. At that moment the scripture 3 Nephi 13:33 popped into my head.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."

That was not our plan for that day but I felt that's what he needed to hear. So we shared that scripture with him. Then I promised him that if he went to church the next day that he would find a job. So the next morning we picked him up and walked to church with him. Then that Friday, what do you know, he had a job! It was amazing. he too noticed the help that he received. Unfortunately he hasn't made it back to Church yet because of his work Schedule but we're working on that. He's seen the blessing he's received and so have we! Amazing how simple God's commandments are!

I love all of you and hope you all have a wonderful week! Don't forget to keep God's Commandments! ;) For if you do, he doth quickly bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment