Monday, August 25, 2014

8.11.14

Another Good Week

This week has been another good one! We had quite a few lessons taught and we had lot's of members want to work with us! We had a member work with us on Friday who has a tricycle (Filipino) so that was nice because he could drive us all over and we didn't have to walk quite as much. We decided to go out to one of our farthest areas because we had a ride and when we made it out there our Branch President and two other sisters had just finished visiting the people we had planned to visit. So that was too bad hahah

Last week I had a pretty good moment. I'm not sure if I told you or not but we were walking out to one of our appointments in the middle of nowhere (which is most of our appointments) and on the way the path was super muddy and wet. There seemed to be no real way around it. So Elder Walters came up with the most genius idea. JUMP. Let me just say that it was genius while it was still in my head. But once it was put into action it turned into the stupidest idea ever. Once my feet hit the grown again I slipped and landed on my butt in the mud. Got a little bit muddy and wet. Elder Busadre had quite the laugh at my expense but it was alright. I just laughed it off as well!

We had another successful baptism this past weekend for brother John Mari and his daughter Daniela! I was able to be the baptizer. Brother John has had super long hair ever since I met him but when he showed up for his baptism on Saturday he had just gotten it cut. New hair cut, and new man, new life after baptism! It was awesome. He even mentioned in his testimony afterwards how he had been praying to ask if he should be baptized and he said he saw himself wearing all white standing in a room. He took that as his answer to be baptized but when he said that I thought much farther than just baptism. THE TEMPLE is where I think he saw himself standing! We'll just have to prepare him for that day! :) Even little 10 year old Daniela got up and bore her testimony! Testimony of the kids always hit me!

Well this week is transfer week. Not expecting a transfer but you never really know with President Lopez. He even told us at our last Mission President's Training that he loves transferring people unexpectedly, even when it's not transfer day haha. So I guess we'll find out!

One thing I just read this past week in the Book of Mosiah 7:29 :

" For behold, the Lord hath said: I will not succor my people in the day of their transgression; but I will hedge up their ways that they prosper not; and their doings shall be as a stumbling block before them."
This just stood out to me saying that if we want the Lord's help we need to be doing the right things. We can't just stop and ask for his help while we continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. If we continue to do that the Lord says our "doings shall be as a stumbling block before [us]." So let's do our best to get rid of our own stumbling blocks that we've put in front of ourselves so that we won't have any obstacles in our way!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love and miss you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment