Monday, August 25, 2014

7.28.14

Slow, Very Slow Week :|

This week as you may have notice was.........................SLOW. I don't exactly know what happened to us. We had an awesome Mission President's Training on Tuesday with President Lopez at the Mission Home but then after that like I said I don't know what happened to us. We were super uplifted by President and the things he told us about the Bacolod Mission but when we got home it was like it all vanished from our thoughts. It was just one of those weeks where we didn't have a whole lot of motivation to do anything. Which I feel awful about.

President Lopez told us of the amazing things happening here in the Bacolod Mission and the goals they have for the rest of this year. There are so many special sacrament groups and branches being opened and there's plans to split one stake into two and to turn another district into a stake. There's even a hope for a Temple here within the next 5 years since the island of Negros is the island with the most members other than the island of Luzon. I just pictured myself at the moment in time when the Prophet announces that a temple would be built in Bacolod and I just pictured myself full of tears. A temple here would be so amazing. There are such dedicated members here that are just so poor and can't afford to go to Cebu or Manila, if there was a temple here I feel as the work would just accelerate even more. I hope that I can continue to help that work move forward as I continue here in my mission!

We hope to go out and be WAY more productive this week. I honestly don't know what happened to us. We have repented for our laziness and hope that we can go out and be at least twice as effective this week if not more!

I hope all is continuing to go well in all of your lives. I hope that each and every day we can truly remember that we are carrying the name of Christ. While teaching a lesson last night I remembered the story of President George Albert Smith. President Smith was at a pretty low time in his life, almost at the point of giving up when he had a dream one night. In that dream he was visited by his grandfather, George A. Smith. His grandfather then asked him, "What have you done with my name?" I thought to myself, what have I done with Christ's name? What would I say if Christ asked me that question? Just thought I'd leave that as a question for all of us to ponder. Let's see what we can do this week to be a better example of that name that we all carry on our hearts!

I love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment