Friday, February 7, 2014

2.3.14

Nagsakay ako sang Hobble-Hobble!

Well this week I was able to ride "Hobble-hobble" for the first time in my mission. What this means is that you just put as money people as you can an a single motorcycle. We're allowed to ride like this only when this is the only means of transportation. So Elder Orlanda and I rode on the back of a motorcycle. Kinda exciting haha! In some places they can get at least 4 or 5 or more on a single motorcycle! I don't know how they do it! Also in this same trip I got to walk across this river in the rain on this sketchy/shaky bamboo bridge, and then after that we walked a different way back and we use this bamboo raft attached to like a zipline almost to pull ourselves across the river! Talk about pretty intense haha

We had my first baptism here in Mina on Saturday! Sister Jonalyn Arellano! The week before I got here she walked up to Elder Orlanda and asked him after church, "Can you baptize me this afternoon?" SO she was really excited! We had the baptism right in Sipalay at the Chapel. Usually they have baptisms in Mina in the river or in the ocean! I'm kind of excited for when that gets to happen! I apologize I don't have any pictures of the baptism because I charged my camera the night before and then I forgot to grab it when we left for the baptism :/ Smart move I know.

Let's see..... what else happened this week. Hmmmmmmm..... Well we taught a lot of people the gospel. That's always a given though. For real, I can't seem to think of what other exciting things happened this week. Oh, my wonderful friends Sarah, Emily, and Jeanne sent me a package with letters, candy, and pictures in it. They're wonderful, and so nice to me. Nagapasalamat ako sa ilang kabuotan sa akon, bisan layo ako sa ila. Palangga gid ko sila!

Well, I apologize I really don't have any more exciting news than that. I will say however nga palangga gid ko nga tagsa-tagsa sa inyo (I love each of you!) You guys are great and I'm so thankful for your love and support! Hopefully I have more exciting news for you next week! Oh and Go Seahawks again! My choice last week seemed to be a good one! ;)

KitaKits! (Kee-ta Keets)
-Elder Walters

FHE at the Laporo Home!

Teeter-Totter made out of Bamboo!

The water wasn't here when we walked out to the island!

Our future meeting house in Mina!

FHE at the Valiente Home!

Sipalay District! Elder Orlanda, Me, Sister Vargas, Sister Wallace, Elder Sobreviga, and Elder Espiritu

Just eating some fish, no big deal. Just got the head on my spoon!

Just eating some Banana with Ryan and Anton!

I was really tired so Little Florenda decided to lay on my head! She's my new little best friend!

Twas Elder Orlanada's birthday and the members had a fun little surprise for him. They blindfolded him and dumped flour on his head and put lipstick on him!

FHE/Birthday party for Elder Orlanda and Jonalyn Arellano!

No comments:

Post a Comment