Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2.17.14

Week 5 in Mina
Hello Everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful week and a Happy Valentines Day! So this week we had a special Branch Fireside on Saturday title "Love of God!" We didn't have a lot of people there at first, but that's because nobody ever shows up on time here, we had quite a few people there by the end! It was pretty cool! We had one of the missionary couples come and speak and there messages were pretty awesome. I loved one of the scriptures that Elder Rasmussen shared and I actually used it in my talk yesterday at church! He used Rev. 3:30. It's the scripture that is used with the picture of Christ standing at the door knocking! It says : "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." A lot of people believe that just because they have "Faith" and because Christ died for their sins, that that is it, there is no more to do. But here if we read this verse and we visual the picture, there is no door Handle on Christ's side of the door. We have to be the one's who open the door and let Christ into our lives and that doesn't just mean saying, "I have faith." We need to truly open the door to Christ, and let his example lead our lives. There is so much to learn from Christ, how we should live life, not that we need to do miracles or anything but his example is the example we need to follow. He has shown us what true love is.And "If ye love me, keep my commandments." It's that simple!

Before that on Saturday morning we accompanied the Sipalay Elders to the home of their recent convert and their investigator to do a service project. We had to climb up over the mountain to get to their house, and then after we were down we went and visited a nearby cave! It was pretty awesome. It was like a mini "Narrows" adventure! Except I didn't have crazy water shoes and a walking stick. I had flip-flops and myself haha! It was pretty awesome though!

This transfer has just flown by, transfers are already next week it's so crazy! President Lopez told Elder Orlanda that our area is a training area. Which means either I am training after he goes home, or I'm transferring next week and he's training before he goes home hah, but either way who knows! Im not too worried about it! We have a baptism this Saturday, and then the next weekend we have the Valiente Family of 5 being baptized! It's exciting stuff!

Hope all is well back in Michigan, and back in Utah for all of you! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment