Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2.24.14

Hello all, hope life is going great for all of you, despite tons of snow! hah Just know that I wish we could swap weather for a couple days. You enjoy the snow and the cold, and I'll enjoy the blazing heat for you! :)

So this last week we had a baptism for Brother Joseph Himota, 52 years old. He actually had a stroke about 2 or 3 months ago, and is still in a recovering process, his speech and his walking are both getting better and better each and every day. He was so excited for his baptism. When it came time for his interview, our District Leader E. Espiritu asked him, "Kamusta ka Brother Joseph?" or "How are you?" and his first response was "Lapit na ang bunyag ko!" or "My baptism is close!" He was super excited. I was privileged with the opportunity to baptize him! Everything went great! We're also super excited because this weekend we have another baptism. My first "Weekly Baptism" so excited. We're baptizing a whole family of 5! I'm so excited for them. Brother Valiente used to drink, smoke, and wear earrings, and now NOTHING! It's so awesome to see the impact of the gospel in the life of somebody!

This week I went on exchanges with Elder Espiritu. He's pretty awesome. For those of you who know who Tyler Haws is, he is the Missionary who re-activated E. Espiritu and led to the Baptism of his father! How cool is that? Oh and our Branch Mission Leader served in the same mission as Tyler Haws, Tyler Haws as an AP in their mission when he started his mission! Crazy stories. Our exchanges were great. We bought ice-cream and candles and celebrated the 52nd birthday of E. Espiritu's mother! It was fun times!

Other than that, no real exciting news as of right now! Hopefully I don't get transferred this week so I can attend our baptism. But I don't think I will since I've only been here for 1 transfer, but who knows? Not me, only the Lord!


Birthday Party of Momma Espiritu

Baptism of Bro. Himota

Valiente Family (Baptism Mar. 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment