Tuesday, January 28, 2014

1.27.14

Tapos na ang Simana Duha diri Sa Mina!

Well another week has come and gone! The work here in Mina is great! Elder Orlanda is not scared to open his mouth to anyone and to share or teach anything! So we don't struggle to find teachings! We have quite a few investigators so w\our numbers this week in lessons with a member present again was above 20! However our attendance here again got lower since last week, so that's no good! But we have people to be baptized here in Mina! We have a baptism this next week on Saturday and then we should have 3 more on the 15th, and hopefully another one on the 22nd!


So last monday after our p-day we had a Family Home Evening at Sister Laporo's house and about 20+ people attended. Here house is not very big it was kinda packed! But it was so awesome to see so much enthusiasm for Family Home Evening. I taught the lesson! I always get nervous speaking Ilonggo in front of a ton of people, but I didn't do too bad! I had a nice object lesson using a flashlight teaching how we are the light of the world and we need to lift our light which is Christ so that everyone can see. We shut off all the lights so it was pitch black and we put the flashlight upside down on the ground so it's still pitch black and then I ask how we can raise our light and with each thing that was good we raised the flashlight until the room was light. The higher the light the more light in the room! It was fun and then we played some games and had some food! The people here in Mina are so awesome!

So the other night I think I taught the best lesson I have yet on my mission. As missionaries we're told that we should try to involve the people in the lesson, ask them good questions to make them think but not to make them feel like an idiot rather than just preaching at them. And I think for the first time yet I had a good lesson. I had questions that were good questions, I spoke great Ilonggo and it was pretty awesome!

We also had a Mission President's Training Meeting on Tuesday! We went through the Commandments and ways that we can improve our teachings of them! Once again I was blessed with the wonderful opportunity to teach the Law of Chastity in front of President and this time the Zone, it was great! Always a fun one to teach! Then after the training we had lunch and I'm pretty sure President bought us the biggest sandwiches I have ever seen! They had 4 pieces of bread and 3 layers of stuff, it was insane! I couldn't finish it! Then after that he interviewed each of us individually. My interview lasted all of like 3 minutes because he had just interview me like 2 weeks ago. So he just told me to continue to get the trust of the members here in mina because I'm only the 3rd missionary to be assigned there and we're making history! So that's no pressure!! haha Then apparently he told Elder Orlanda that Mina is a training area. And Elder Orlanda goes home in April, so maybe that means that he's training me to become a trainer! Scary news! But I know that I can do whatever is asked of me!

Well we are off to have lunch and then play some basketball with the Elders of the Zone! I'm so excited, it's been so long since I've been able to play some basketball! I love and miss you all! Hope you all have a wonderful week. And if I had to say, I'm going to say "Go Seahawks!" ;)

-Elder Walters


No comments:

Post a Comment