Monday, February 10, 2014

2.10.14

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Early Valentines Day to all of you!

So this week wasn't anything too crazy again! We taught a lot of lessons, had our Zone Training meeting and that was about it! It was fun to go to my first Zone Training in a different zone with different missionaries! Elder Orlanda and I were asked to sing so we sang Hymn #100 Nearer My God to Thee, it went pretty well! I have such a hard time singing here because nobody picks the right notes or the right pitch, so they start every song too low for me to take it down an octave, but still too high for me to match them, it's awful. I hate it haha But it's alright, not the end of the world!

I saw a couple pretty sweet sunsets again this week, but that happens like every week because we go down by the ocean multiple times a week! Every week we teach gospel principles here because our group is so small and we have nobody to teach, so that's always fun, I actually have a semi difficult time with it because it's usually things I've never taught before, so it's a whole new vocabulary, but I do the best I can and the people always help me out! Next week I get to speak on Missionary Work, shouldn't be too difficult since that's what I do everyday!

We were supposed to have a baptism on the 22nd for 3 sisters in thee Valiente family, but we had to push it back until March 1, but it's for a good reason. THE PARENTS WANT TO BE BAPTIZED NOW TOO. They all came to church this past week so that was awesome, now we just need to work on the smoking issue. The father stopped drinking since the missionaries started visiting him, so hopefully we get work on the smoking as well! I'm so excited for their family! We still have one baptism coming on the 22nd though so that's exciting as well! Brother Himota. He had a stroke a month or two ago and he's still got some speech issues and he cant walk very fast but he climbs of the mountain each week to go to church and he does his best to speak, he's been assigned to give the opening prayer next week in sacrament meeting so i'm excited for him!

Well, I don't have too much more exciting news. Oh wait... I rode on a bus the other day for like 40 minutes, standing the whole time, and I had nothing to lean on so I was holding on to poles and we were winding in and out of curves through the mountain, got to love it here in the Philippines. Oh and I amazed another person with my language. We met a new family and she was talking to Elder Orlanda and after awhile she asks, "Does he understand what we're saying?" Then I sarcastically respond saying that I don't haha, and then I told her I know how to speak as well. Then she was like "Wow even his tone is Ilonggo." Because there are so many languages and accents here in the Philippines, she said I even sounded Ilonggo, so that's always good to hear! K, that's it!

Wait, one more thing "..... Spiritually Minded Is Life Eternal!" Don't forget to smile!

I still love and miss you all! Hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day!

-Elder Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment