Wednesday, March 5, 2014

3.3.14

Sakit sa Tikod!

First off I would like to apologize for my late arrival to the Internet Shop! We were invited to help a family at their home this morning and it took a little longer than we expected, only by like 4 hours, but that's alright! Basta nagserbisyo kami sa mga tao sa mission namon! ;)

This week I had quite a scary incident! We were trekking our way through the mountains to visit a family of investigators when I stepped down off this rock and rolled my ankle pretty badly. My first reaction was that it was broken because it souded like something popped and then the reaction of my body was the same as when I broke my arm. Thankfully, it is not broken, and Is currently pretty much normal! I had a rough time walking for a day or so, but that was about it! I had a member look at it and massage it, which you would think would feel good, but it actually didn't haha, hurt pretty bad! But that was the first mission injury I have encountered! So We'll count that as a blessing! :)

This past weekend we had the Baptism of Nanay Nenita, Ginalyn, Jovelyn, and Manilyn! Unforunately Tatay Ronald wasn't able to join them in baptism because he picked a trip to Cauayan over baptism. Slightly frustrating since Friday night he told us he was going to continue with baptism. He is the one who has now stopped smoking, drinking and wearing earrings. He has changed so much because of this Gospel! It's amazing to see, but enough of the negativity. The baptism was great! The 4 girls were so excited and everything went smoothly! We had quite the turnout in support of them! We packed two tricycles worth of people from Mina to go to their baptism! It was pretty awesome!

Oh, I wanted to share this for Dad. We were teaching a family this week, Tatay was a bit drunk. It was kinda hilarious because when people here are drunk they try to speak English for some reason. It was pretty funny because at one point he started quiting Edgar Allen Poe. He said something like "It's better to lose 100 women, than 1 drop of wine." I don't quite understand why he said that, but I thought it was worth sharing with you since it was Edgar Allen Poe! haha

Once again, I apologize everyone for my late arrival, but It was probably better that I gave my help and effort to the family who asked for it! :) I love and miss you all! Continue being the best that you can be, and the Lord will bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment