Wednesday, May 6, 2015

5.4.15

Isang buwan na lang!

I can't believe I've reached the last month. Where has the time gone?! The good thing is that I'm companions with Elder Chapple and he is super hard working and still has the super gung-ho attitude still about everything so we work pretty hard! It keeps me going!

This past week our numbers went down a bit, but we managed to set 3 baptismal dates! Even though the work was a bit rough we got 3 baptisms schedule, one for June 28! It's really weird to me to schedule things knowing that I'm not going to be here! Just makes everything seem weird! It's also really weird to see mission events schedule for after that as well!

But one of the baptisms we have schedule is for Joy Sabordo! She is the younger sister of our recent convert Ching-Ching! At first she didn't want to listen to us when I first got here. We'd enter the house to teach Ching-Ching and then she'd walk out the back. I did my best to try and talk to her and invite her but she just wouldn't stay in the house. Then one day we told her to just listen and that we wouldn't ask her questions or have her do anything and from that point on she just progressed! We re-taught Ching-Ching while teaching Joy and she didn't even realize it! She's now been to church like 6 of the last 7 weeks! And she's scheduled to be baptized my last Saturday here! I'm so excited for her and so are her sisters Ching-Ching and Eden!

We also had a baptism yesterday after church for Sister Bambie! She is a close friend of Sister Mary Jane who is the biggest help to our work. So she also goes to Mary Jane's house for us to teach her! So she was baptized yesterday and then Sister Carmelita who was baptized on May 25th was confirmed yesterday!

It rained a bit this past week to so we've had lots of fun walking around in the rain! Elder Chapple just loves the rain, so it's been good! I really love this kid, he keeps me going strong! So glad I've been given the chance to train!

Well, next week is Mother's Day, so Happy Mother's day to all of you mothers who may be reading this! Can't wait to chat with the family next week! :) Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment