Thursday, April 16, 2015

4.6.15

ASL!
So this week was just another week in the Bacolod 2nd Ward! But it was fun! I went on exchanges with Elder Brinton again, but this time in 2nd Ward! He had an absolute blast when we taught Christine, in sign language! He thought it was awesome! After our exhanges we had dinner with the Petero family, I love them! They fed us because we ran out of support and we had like no food in the house, so that was sweet! haha

We set two more baptismal dates this week! As of now we have 6 people committed to be baptized in the next 4 weeks! I'm super excited. The younger sister of Ching-Ching, our RC, has finally started listening and showing an interest as well! She never would join us last transfer but now she joins us, she'll read if we ask her too, and she's been to church for 3 weeks in a row! The first two we just to witness the confirmation of Ching-Ching and after sacrament she just went home. Then on Friday we had two members work with us and one of them is a 17 year old girl, she bore her testimony and cried, and then Joy went to church again, and she attended all 3 hours of class! It was awesome! She was one that I really wanted to baptize, now we just need to get her a baptismal date! :)

Yesterday at church we had a really awesome experience. It about brought tears to my eyes. We had promised ourselves and the member who joins us to teach Christine that at this Fast & Testimony meeting that we would bear our testimony in Sign Language (hence the ASL title). So that is what we did. I was so nervous, but I knew I needed to do it. So I walked up to the podium, and I pulled out the step to make me taller, which I obviously don't need to do. Then the 1st Counselor asked me "Elder, what are you going to do?" Then the members began to laugh! Then I explained to them in Hiligaynon why I was standing on the latter and how they have a new member in their ward who cannot hear but needs to understand what we're talking about. Then I spoke English as I bore my testimony. THe faces of the members were priceless. They were so amazed and so happy . Christine as well had a giant smile on her face and almost cried, just as I did. It was so awesome. Christine told Mary Jane that she was so happy because it was the first time that she actually understood and enjoyed Sacrament meeting. I encouraged the members to try and learn and communicate with her to help her feel more loved. It was just so awesome. I'm truly going to miss Christine and being able to speak ASL with her! It's so fun!

Well Elder Alfeche goes home on April 18. 4 days early so that means I'll have a new companion for a few days before transfer day on the 20. Should be interesting to see what happens! All is going well! I love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment