Thursday, April 16, 2015

3.23.15

Tapos na naman ang Simana!
This week was a very interesting week. I started off going on exchanges with Elder Brinton again! While on the exchange Elder Brinton enlightened me on some of the things his companion had been doing that he shouldn't be. I also became aware of communication he had with other missionaries in the mission that are outside our zone and tried to fix that myself, but one of the missionaries I corrected did not take it very well and made some pretty rude comments in return. So I scheduled an appointment with President Ferrin before we switched back to our normal companions, and we talked it all out. In result of my conversation with President, he has called an emergency/special MLC this next week to discuss rules and other problems that have been happening within the mission. President also asked me if we should take that missionaries phone. The decision was all up to me. I decided to give him another chance! But we'll see what happens in the upcoming weeks.

Other than that crazy incident, nothing too much happened this week. Our numbers went down a bit, but we still had a baptism and still have more scheduled! The members here in the Bacolod 2nd Ward are such a great help to the success of missionary work, I love them! We would not have much success at all if it wasn't for all their help! This week was the Baptism of Charlie Lantape. We've now baptized the father, mother, and 1 of the 2 kids in that family. Their daughter, Cherry Pie, is 21 years old and wants to be baptized, but she works everyday which doesn't allow her to attend church. She told me after the baptism of her brother that she wants me to baptize her before I go home. So that doesn't give her too much time to find a new job! I hope she can pull through because I would really love to be able to be here and be the one to baptize her as well!

I love you all and hope that you continue with your Book of Mormon reading! I am now in Alma 34! I only need to read 3.3 pages a day to finish on time! I hope you all can finish too!

No comments:

Post a Comment