Monday, January 5, 2015

1.5.15

Happy 2015!

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you all had a good holiday season! New Year was very loud here in Bacolod! New Year Celebration consists of lots of explosions. They have fireworks forever! It's not like out 4th of July either, it's just lots of personal fireworks at the house that are super loud and sometimes don't even have lights, it's just like bombs. So it was kinda hard to sleep on the 31st! I feel asleep at 10:30 and then woke up at 12:05 because of all the fireworks!

After I emailed last week we got a text from President Lopez telling us to go on a 3-day exchange with the Bacolod 6th Elders. I worked with Elder Brinton who is from American Fork, Utah. He's only been out for 2 weeks so it was pretty great! We were able to have lunch with Cobing family on January 1st and we shared a quick message with them and then sang a hymn! It was awesome, they were so good at singing it was amazing!

On Friday after Elder Pineda came back we got a call from President Lopez informing us that Elder Pineda would be given a new assignment in his new area soon. So we waited until Sunday afternoon for a call from the Assistants notifying us that he was transferring. So this morning he transferred and my new companion is Elder Lopez! President talked to me this morning and he said that he's been considering my reports for the last couple weeks about my struggles with Elder Pineda, so he helped us both out! Thank you President! Tomorrow we have MLC (Mission Leadership Council) and neither Elder Lopez or I have attended before. I'm now ZL1 and I have no idea what's going to happen. President just told us to read Alma 32 and that the two of us will be teaching a short lesson on Faith tomorrow, so that should be fun! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I always love going to the Mission Home! We have breakfast and lunch provided as well as ice-cream afterwards! it should be great!

I totally meant to challenge each of you when I called on Christmas to join me in trying to finish the Book of Mormon before I come home. That gives us 5 months. So let's do our best! I'm only in 1 Nephi 10 so I don't have too much of a headstart on you! I'm sure we can do it! Let me know next week if you've accepted the challenge! ;)

Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment