Monday, January 5, 2015

12.22.14

Bacolod 1st Ward

So it's kinda crazy being here in the city. The work is definitely not the same as the mountain. I really kinda miss the mountain. But I'll make the best of my time here in the Bacolod 1st Ward. It's kinda crazy because the Mission Office is part of my area. So it's kinda nice, I still haven't gotten my package because some things have been held up because of the storm a couple weeks ago, but whenever it gets here I can just go to the office myself and get it so that's awesome!

The work here is much much slower than in the mountains. The people here have a lot more things to occupy themselves with so they aren't quite as open to the Gospel as they are in the mountains, but it is what it is. The Ward is great. Our Bishop is great, Our Ward Mission Leader and his Assistants are great as well. So we have all the tools we need. We just need to put it all together to get the best results. Unfortunately we don't have a baptism this Christmas. Which I'm really disappointed about. To be honest it isn't our work. Since both of us are new here in the area. When Elder Pineda got here the week before I did his companion told him that we had 3 on Christmas. But since Elder Pineda got here none of them have gone to Church. This transfer is also going to be a bit rough because Elder Pineda is in his last transfer now, and he is not the most obedient to the Mission Rules. However we are about to move into another apartment with another companionship so hopefully those things stop when he realizes there's now 3 set's of eyes watching him and not just me. I really like Elder Pineda, he's super great to talk to and when we teach. Just the disobedience I think is taking a toll on our work. So I hope that gets fixed! I just hate to be the one to tell my companion he needs to change. Especially when he's older than me in the mission! Hopefully it all works out!

Other than that, I am super excited to Skype with y'all on Thursday! :) I can't wait to see your lovely faces! Should be around 10 am my time which I think is like what 7ish there? I'll leave it up to you to figure it out! haha I can't remember if it's a 14 hour or 15 hour difference! Other than that I'm doing great! I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment