Thursday, October 9, 2014

9.15.14

Well this was a pretty crazy week. First off we went to Robinson's, which is one of the biggest malls in Bacolod and EVERYONE asked me if I was the new ZL. Then I proceeded to tell them no, and then they would say well does that mean Elder Rakuro isn't a Zone Leader? Nope, he's still a Zone Leader. Then everyone was just super confused, it was kinda funny! But then Tuesday after our District Meeting we had an interview for the sisters in Talisay, it was raining and Elder Rakuro wasn't feeling well and then he didn't have an umbrella so that wasn't a good combo. We went home and he just slept. He did not look very good at all, but he's good now! Then about two days later he passed the runny nose and cough, and sneezing to me! But now I'm good too! So it was just a crazy week of being semi-sick! But we're both alright now!

Then comes the Assistants. Thursday we went on exchanges with the Assistants. Even though I'm not a ZL they said alright that's fine! I was kinda nervous, but it was great. I worked with Elder Cannon. He's from Blackfoot, Idaho. He's pretty cool. We taught about 7 lessons, and he gave a baptismal interview, and then we played some ping-pong. It was pretty great. Kids pretty good at ping-pong. He beat me 3-2 in a best of 5. We had it happen twice during our teaching where the people we taught were like "Wow, Elder Walters is better than you at Ilonggo, he's like a Filipino when he speaks, but you Elder Cannon, you still have a huge accent!" It was kinda weird but Elder Cannon didn't care, he knows he has a big accent still, but that just always makes me feel good about myself! The people think I speak better than the Assistant! CRAZY! I hope that does mean anything for the future ;) hahahah But I guess we'll find out! Turns out there's a huge transfer day TODAY, and it's not transfer day. Elder Cannon actually stepped down from being an AP today as well, but crazy stuff. President Lopez is so unpredictable! Elder Rakuro and I are still good though! haha

Other than that. Nothing too crazy happened this week other than when we went on our exchanges I forgot my big with my change of clothes and my hair wax, and deodorant on the jeepney. So my hair has been pretty poofy the last few days haha! But it's all good. Some filipino got a nice gift!

Well I love you all and hope you all have a great week! Keep on being great! :)

Oh and cool news that Elder Cannon told me. They had a transfer meeting with President Lopez last week and President told them that the Philippines Bacolod Mission is the top baptizing mission in ............................... THE ENTIRE WORLD! How cool is that? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment