Monday, June 30, 2014

6.30.14

Another Good Week

So this week was pretty good! Our numbers have been pretty consistent the past few weeks. We don't have crazy high numbers of lessons taught throughout the week but I feel as though they are productive. Quality is better than quantity. This week we reached the highest attendance the Mina Branch has ever had.... 50! It was awesome. Our little chapel was almost completely full! It was so cool so it that way!

One day this week we were walking to an appointment when it started to rain. I didn't have an umbrella because I let a member borrow mine the night before. SO we waited under a waiting shed for like 30 minutes for it to lighten up a bit then we headed out again. As we were walking it got harder and harder and we didn't know exactly where we were going. We had to share Elder Fernando's umbrella which helped but we were still wet. We walked up to this house on the top of a muddy hill and asked where the family was that we were looking for and then on our way back down the hill Elder took off in front of me and then slipped and fell on the hill. It was hilarious. Needless to say we were both pretty wet. But it was fun!

Yesterday I felt kinda bad because I had to share 2 Nephi 31:14 with one of families of recent converts. One of the girls is consistent in going to church while the rest always make up an excuse. I emphasized the part where it says "...it would be better for that you had not known me." I think it hit them. I feel as though I made my point pretty well, I almost at one point started crying haha. I felt it coming. I can't imagine what it would be like to have Christ say that to my face. And that's what I tried to make them feel. How would you feel if Christ said that to you because you didn't do what he told you to do? Hopefully that makes a difference in them.

We have a baptism this weekend for brother Brian. He's 14 years old and super smart. We have so many young men here in Mina. More than back home it's crazy! Not sure I'll be here for the baptism however because Wednesday is transfer day. I'd be lying if I didn't say I almost want to transfer but then I would also by lying if I said I wouldn't miss the people of Mina. Mina is great but It just may be about time for a change! I wish I could be here to see the day of a Church built but there's no way that'll happen. Unless maybe I transfer back here next year ;) haha


I love and miss you all! Hope you all have a wonderful first week of July. And Happy Birthday to my wonderful Sister on Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment