Monday, June 30, 2014

6.2.14

Where'd the last year go?

It's crazy to seem that I have already been this adventure for a year! It's June already and before we know it I will be back home. But let's not dwell on that because there is still plenty of time and many things for me to accomplish here in the Philippines Bacolod Mission!

Yesterday we had the privilege of having President and Sister Lopez in attendance at our Branch. It was semi unfortunate because we had a whopping 1 investigator and church and our overall attendance was the lowest it's been in awhile. But they enjoyed their visit and so did we! President Lopez is like a walking Gospel Library. It's so fun to listen to him speak, especially when he speaks Tagalog! He stopped at one point and asked me if I understand and I was glad that I could. I can't speak Tagalog, but I can understand quite a bit of it!

Our week wasn't quite that productive but we still taught quite a few lessons and found quite a few new investigators. Just last night we met a man named Elias who is 50 years old and Pentecostal. He is very knowledgable and wants to learn more. He had many wonderful questions that stumped us a couple of times but he wasn't doing it in a rude way, he was laughing and enjoying every minute and was even joking. I honestly can't wait to visit with him again. It's great when people ave questions that they wan't answered and we can be of assistance. It's also super nice when they enjoy it and are nice about it and aren't argumentative!

Well that's my excitement for the week. Elder Fernando and I are off to make homemade peanut butter this afternoon! I'm super excited! Love you all have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment