Monday, June 30, 2014

6.16.14

Happy Father's Day!

Well to my wonderful Father and Brother-in-Law I would first like to say Happy Father's Day! Hope it's been a good one! :)

So this past week we had the opportunity to travel to Bacolod for our Zone Conference. It was great. I was able to get some new shoes for proselyting and dry-clean some of favorite ties that have gotten very dirty! It's like they're brand new! Looking good again! :) Next is time to bust out my 5 brand new shirts that I haven't used yet!

So when I first walked in the door to the mission home I was asked by Elder Cababat, our Zone Leader, if I could give a musical number. My first thought...... Heck no! haha but I was like if you need me to I would if some other people joined me. Then one of the sisters said that Elder Sargent had a good voice so I was like alright, I volunteer
myself and Elder Sargent even though he isn't here yet! Then after that I also mentioned that Sister Ortiz seemed like she really wanted to sing and she joined us along with Sister McKee. We sang Hymn #100, Nearer My God To Thee. We had all four parts and it sounded pretty good if you ask me. I heard one of the couple missionaries or maybe it
could've been President say "excellent"!

This week our numbers were a bit low teaching wise. But we had 6 investigators make it to church this week! For me if you have low teaching numbers but investigators attending church then you're doing something right. If you have a ton of lessons but nobody at church then something is a bit wrong. So I was super glad that we had 6 investigators at church and our total attendance was 43! Only 37 more on a consistent basis and they can build a church here! haha

Other than that we haven't really had anything too crazy happen here in Mina. Elder Fernando and I are just doing our best each and everyday in the scorching heat. I feel as though this is like the hottest I've felt since I've been here. Constantly sweating. All day long. The other night the power went out twice while we were sleeping, I about wanted to die it was so hot! But I managed to stay alive.

Welp, I have nothing else to say other than I love you all and I'm really glad that the Spurs won! :) Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment