Monday, May 26, 2014

5.26.14

Ari pa ako di!

Well I'm still here in Mina! This is now my 4th transfer here and going on 5 months as well! I will hit my 1 year mark in just my second area! How crazy is that. Oh and I'm still Junior Companion, so that's always great. No real pressure or crazy responsibility on my back, but if there was I could handle it! So this week we had a very interesting visit with a brother named Mario. He is Seventh-Day Adventist and straight up told us while we were there that he didn't really want us to teach us but he wanted to teach us because he's learned the truth and received his authority to teach from his study, which makes absolutely zero sense haha but ok. He just argued that the Bible says that the Sabbath Day is Saturday which is false. There is no mention of a specific day in the bible. It merely says Seventh Day. Or even 1st Day in other places. Never Saturday or Sunday. He then argued that Webster even proved that the Seventh Day was Saturday which is also an invalid argument because Webster is simply a person with no God given authority about such matters. Every scripture that he had us read from the Bible was translated differently in his Bible. His flat out said Saturday where it should've said Sabbath or Seventh Day, so I'm not sure about them.
They just changed the words in the Bible and are focused on things that have no significance at all. The day of the week makes no difference, the principle is Keeping the Sabbath day Holy no matter when it happens to be. If the Prophet said ok Wednesday is now the Sabbath and it was backed by the Apostles ok Wednesday it is. Why, because they have the authority of the Priesthood given from God and are entitled to receive such revelation. The authority of the Priesthood is the most important thing in the church and this is the only church where it is found. That's what people don't get, and they just close their hearts and minds to the truth. It's frustrated when people don't get it. But it's all good. I got to experience what it felt like to be an investigator while he was "teaching" us. I felt awful, like I was being put down. He didn't care to listen and had to correct the tiniest of mistakes. The spirit was definitely not with him. While Elder Fernando was saying the opening prayer, Mario wasn't even listening, he was saying his own prayer, so I don't understand haha. Some peoples kids.

Well that was my excitement for the week. I'm still here in Mina and loving it! Can't wait to have more baptisms! Hopefully Jessica's parents give her permission because she is so ready and is the smartest little 12 year old girl I've ever met!

I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week! Hello June! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment