Monday, May 19, 2014

5.5.14

Worst Car Ride of.....My life! haha

So the title. This morning we rode all the way to Bacolod, in a pick-up truck. Doesn't sound to bad yet. Until I say that there were 12 of us. Two Elders in the front, on driver one passenger. And then 4 sisters in the seat behind that. And then 5 elders and Me in the truck bed, with a topper. It was so so so so hot and humid I about died. It was a 4 hour ride and we had like no space! It was a free ride so we saved quite a bit of money, but if that were to be suggested I will definitely put it down right away! I don't want to do that again if I don't have to! But we're here in Bacolod and we're alive. I'm sorry I missed some of you today! We were supposed to leave for Bacolod tomorrow morning and have our meeting tomorrow night. That was the plan as of last Monday, so that's why I didn't mention it to anyone! But the plan changed midway through the week and no I'm here in Bacolod. We have a Mission President's Training later tonight and then tomorrow morning we have our Zone Training Meeting before we head back to Sipalay!

I also have some excited news! We have a Baptism this week! :) We have the Arellano family of 5 and then Sister Elizabeth who will be joining her as well! Jonalyn Arellano is one of our Recent Converts and her family is now following in her footsteps. She was baptized on February 1. When I first got here her family wouldn't listen to us, just her. And actually right now Jonalyn has left town to work for the summer. So all this progression in her family has come without her here. It's amazing. Once again, I've seen another man quit smoking and drinking in order to qualify himself for baptism. It's amazing to see your hard work pay off. But at the same time, I know that I didn't have a whole lot to do with it, it's the Lord's work. I'm not the best speaker of Hiligaynon or the best teacher so I know that without the Lord's help none of this would be able to happen!

I've had a rough few weeks with my companion Elder Dela Cruz, but we continue to work through our struggles and our clash of personalities. I'm trying to help him through his problem of "This is who I am, this is what I do." With that attitude nothing positive will happen. Members and people here don't really like his personality and attitude and he notices that people don't really get close to him, so I've tried to help him realize that he needs to be the one to change to them. It isn't just one person that doesn't get close to him, it's many, sometimes even me. Which means the problem isn't with them, it's with him. So hopefully we as the missionaries can adapt to the people in our area. This is who they are and where they live, we're hear to help them not the other way around, so we need to be the ones to make the changes in order to work with them! We continue to work together to improve and I've realized that I haven't been the most humble of people in the situation either, so I'm doing my best to be better and work with him as well! This is just one of those situations that the Lord has put me in so I can learn how to be a better person, challenge accepted! ;)

I can't wait to talk to the family this next week! I hope it all works out! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment