Friday, October 4, 2013

9.30.13

Birthday Week

Maayong Aga sa Inyo Tanan,


So this was a pretty good week. First off, I have a new companion. Elder Hawk was emergency transferred on Thursday morning. We received the call on Wednesday night at 10:30 short notice, and then the power went out so it was a pretty good night haha. So Wednesday morning we rode up to Bacolod and got me my new companion. His name is Elder Solis (pronounced more like Solace, not Mr.Solis haha) he's from Mandeluyong, close to Manila. It's been great with him hear because I feel like my language will improve much faster with a Filipino rather than an American companion. I can honestly say that in the last few days it has. I've had to lead the area, which means I have to talk, so I've been talking a whole lot more since Elder Hawk left, and it's been pretty awesome! I've kinda reached that point where I feel comfortable trying to talk to people and I'm not really that embarrassed anymore when I don't understand their response. I mean I still don't understand a lot, but I'm doing a lot better! Elder Solis teaches me Ilonggo, and I teach him English, so it's a good companionship! I like it already. He's a great missionary and always has a smile on his face, I love it!

So this week we got 6 new investigators!! They are all kids from the age of 9-12. We've taught them 3 times this week, and they are always excited to see us. 3 of them came to church so that was awesome too! We had a total of 4 investigators at church, the other being Jona (the deaf girl).

On Saturday for my brithday, first we went way out to Jona's house and tried to show her the Restoration video in ASL, but her DVD player didn't work, after that we went to our Stake Center for a family day celebration and then after that we returned home and got some lessons in. Then we were able to go to the Evangelio families home to celebrate my birthday. It was also Dan Hugo's birthday as well on Saturday. He turned 18. It was really cool to be able to share our Birthday. I wish the internet was working so I could show you pictures but it's being really slow.

I'm running out of time, so that's going to have to be my message for the day. I loved hearing from all of you, and I especially want to thank you for the Birthday Wishes. I love you and appreciate all that you do for me!

Love,
-Elder Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment