Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10.14.13

General Conference Week

Hello everyone! Glad to be back at this computer sharing my experiences once again! Probably one of the most exciting days of the week. Not that teaching isn't exciting, but that I get to share my life and adventures with those I love! :)

So this week was pretty good just like last week. Our efforts and our numbers here in the Valladolid Ward continue to grow each week. We are so close to have a baptism this month and I am so excited. Last week we walked to church with Erica and Angelica and this week we needed help from members to get them to Bago to watch General Conference. I don't know if they learned anything since it's hard for them to understand English, but they have great faith and desire to go to Church in the first place!

One of my favorite talks from this Conference was Elder Holland's talk. At first it seemed kind of odd to me, but by the time he finished it really hit me. As humans here on Earth we are in a fallen state. We are subject to disease and illness and all other trials and tribulations. What we need to remember is that our pain and suffering is temporary. We will one day return to live with our Heavenly Father in a perfect glorified state! And then end of his talk he started to get a little choked up talking about how we will all receive our glorified bodies in the next life and how glorious a time that will be to be with our loved ones. At that exact time all that came in to mind were my last images of my beloved Grandmothers. I had an overwhelming feeling of peace and comfort knowing that one day I will be able to see the two of them in a perfect glorified and beautiful state with bright smiles on their faces. Both of them had their struggles in life, and we all will at some point. Perfection does not come in this life, but the next. I cannot wait for that wonderful day to see those I love, especially those who struggled in this life, in the next life, like my dear Grandmothers.

I know that the Plan of Salvation is real. Our purpose here in Earth is to learn how to become better and to prepare to return to live with our Heavenly Father again., and even to struggle along the way. Life isn't easy, we have our trials and our challenges. That's all part of the Plan. How are we going to react? As President Uchtdorf said repeatedly in his Priesthood Session talk, "Rise Up." We can always rise up and become better. And one day after we've done all we can we will return to our Heavenly Father and live in perfection with those we love! I love all of you and want to thank you for your love, prayers, and support! You're an amazing family, and amazing friends!

Love,
-Elder Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment