Sunday, October 6, 2013

10.7.13

Welcome to October Everyone

Maayong gab-i sa inyo tanan,

Aga di, pero para sa inyo gab-i da! (It's morning here, but for you it's evening there.)

This was a pretty eventful week here. Got to go to Bacolod 3 times this week. First on p-day, then again on Thursday for July Arrivals follow-up training, and then again on Saturday to be fingerprinted in order to receive exit clearance from the Philippines at the end of my mission. Then we had our Zone Training Meeting on Wednesday and President Lopez attended. I also was invited to conduct that meeting. Cool experience!

Just think in about 2 weeks I will no longer be a trainee. Seems like just yesterday I was riding my first bus from the mission office to Valladolid, and soon I will no longer be a newbee, even though there is already another batch here that's newer than me! It it's crazy because I still remember being dropped off at the MTC. Crazy how time flies when you're spreading the good word! :)

So at our Zone Training Meeting like some of you know I had the opportunity to teach in front of the Zone with Elder Solis. We had an actual Less-Active member come and we taught about repentance. We had a few minutes to prepare, but we had no idea that we were going to be doing this. Usually in situations like that my face gets beat red and I'm super nervous, but this time I was totally fine. Didn't turn red, wasn't nervous, spoke Ilonggo, and President was even videotaping us.

We had 2 Investigators at church yesterday. Erica and Angelica. They are sisters and they are 9 and 11 years old. We teach them at the home of a member, and they are always excited when we come over and sad when we leave! So that's a good sign. They have accepted the invitation to be baptized on Octopber 26th and their guardian gave them his permission as well and was super friendly and nice to talk to. Hopefully we can stick to that plan. They didn't have money to get a ride to the Church yesterday, so we told them we'd meet them by their house and walk with them. Took us 30 minutes to walk to the church, and it was really fun. Sometimes you have to do difficult things to do what's right!

I love you all and still can't wait to receive your packages! :) It's like having 2 birthdays! Thanks again! And I get to watch General Conference this weekend so I'm excited for that as well!!!

-Elder Walters

Elder Walters & Elder Solis

Family Week Celebration

Birthday Boys (Hugo)

Birthday Party with the Evangelio Family

After Church

Just lookin' good like always ;)

Look familar?

Elder Perez drew our Zone.

That's Elder Solis and me!

Visiting the Valenzuela Family

Bago District

No comments:

Post a Comment