Sunday, July 21, 2013

7.18.13

Kamusta kamo sang pamilya ko!

Pulo pa mga Adlaw! (10 more days!)

It's so crazy once again that it is p-day already. I feel like it was just yesterday, I really don't know where the time goes! Thank you guys so much for all that you do for me and for all your letters and e-mails, I appreciate all that you say and for all the love and support that you give me!

So this week was crazy. We had 4 Cebauno districts leave from our Zone on Monday. It was a little rough because those were all the Elders and Sisters that we grew close to and that made us feel loved and welcomed when we arrived here (4 weeks ago, so CRAZY!). But now I guess it's our turn to help the new Elders and sisters to feel that same way. So we started just this week having zone prayer in the hallway before we all head in to bed, and whoever says it says it in their mission language so it's a really cool experience. We started doing it the night before all the Elders left so the first one was in Cebauno, then the next night we heard our Zone Leader speak Cantonese. Last night when the new elders arrived I had the opportunity to say the prayer for them in Ilonggo. It was a really cool experience, and I think having them hear us speak our language so well after just a few weeks gives them some hope for themselves! I had 2 of the new Elders walk up to me after i said it and ask "How long have you been here?" and then say "And you just did that?" haha. It was really cool and I love how it brings as all closer together.

Elder Pack and I had the privilege to grow pretty close with Elder Ferris. He was the Elder in one of the pictures from last week who was from New Zealand/Australia. It was kinda weird when he left, but when we got back to our residence that night, we both had a letter and a gift left outside our door from him. He left Elder Pack a Utah Jazz beanie, and he left me a pillow, blanket and a pair of Jordans, apparently their first Zone Leader left them for him, and he didn't want them, so he gave them to me, and of course I'm not going to turn an awesome pair of kicks ;). It's things like that that make you feel blessed in this life. The goodness of others hearts. I'm so grateful for the friendship that I've made with my companion, Elder Ferris, and all the Elders and Sisters in our district and zone.

So the language continues to get better and better, and then at times I get so confused, but I have faith that my Heavenly Father will help me as long as I continue to do my best! I've now been able to memorize My Missionary Purpose, which is "To invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." In addition to that I've also memorized Joseph Smith's First Vision. It's pretty awesome!

Our lessons this week have gone so well. We've been able to communicate so much with our investigators and we set a Baptismal date with one of them! (I know it's fake, but it still is exciting!)

Thanks again everyone for all that you do. You're amazing and I appreciate your examples to me, your love, and all of your support.

-Elder Walters

P.S. I've been able to watch some awesome Mormon Messages since I've been here, and I just thought I'd share a couple of my favorites and invite you guys to watch them. I really like "Dare to Stand Alone" and "The Will of God." I invite you to watch them and let me know what you think! They're great!

No comments:

Post a Comment