Sunday, July 21, 2013

6.27.13

Dear Family and friends,

Nagapasalamat ako para sa pamilya ko! (I'm thankful for my family)

This first week has really flown by! The days go by slowly sometimes but I can't believe I'm already through with week one! My companion's name is Elder Pack and he's from Eden, UT. He's fresh out of High School and he's the best, we get along so well already! I was like the last one in my classroom on the first day, and the teacher only speaks Hiligaynon, so I was super overwhelmed at first, but we've all since realized that we can do this!

As you all probably know already, I'm District Leader. We have 12 missionaries in our district (2 elders, and 10 sisters). Its pretty crazy that we're so outnumbered by the sisters, the other district going to our mission has 2 elders and 12 sisters. It's so cool to see how many people have answered the call to serve!

We've learned so much already. We started teaching lessons on Friday, all in Hiligaynon which was nuts. At first we could use our language materials, but now we are not allowed to. We've since taught 4 lessons to the same girl, and in our last one I somehow remembered how to ask "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?" (Sundon mo bala ang ehemplo ni Jesucristo paagi sa pagpabunyag sa isa nga nagakapot sang awtoridad sang priesthood sang Dios?) I just wrote that without using my notes, just saying. :) The language is so much fun to use, especially when we know what we're saying!

It was so awesome to go the Broadcast on Sunday, and it was so cool that all of you saw me! I hoped that you would because we noticed that we were on the screen too! So awesome that (Dad) yelled "There he is!" at church! The broadcast was so awesome. The quote that really stood out to me was from Elder Anderson that said "Our work starts with prayer and is motivated by Love." That wasn't exact but that's how I took it. This work is so hard and we can't do it alone. I now that we need to start each and everyday with a prayer to ask for the Lord's help, and any time else that we might need it! I'm so thankful for all of your love and support and I know that your love helps motivate me as well. I know that I need to truly develop a love for this work and for those that I serve. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to be here and I hope that while I'm gone that all of us can learn together! I challenge you guys to read 2 Nephi 4, it's such a great chapter, I swear I used my red pencil on like the entire thing!

I'm not really quite sure what else to say other than I'm having a blast and that I love you! You guys are amazing and have truly been the best examples to me! It's nice to get e-mails from everyone, and dearelder.com is the best. It's so awesome to get those letters everyday! Keep up the good work everyone, I love to hear from you!

I hope I've said everything you've wanted to hear, it's so hard when you're pressed for time, but I did my best!


Love,
Elder Walters



No comments:

Post a Comment