Wednesday, January 8, 2014

1.6.14

Malipayong 2014!

Hello once again! Nothing to crazy happened this week. Our work was a bit slow because we had to be home by 5pm on both the 31 and the 1st because of New Year celebrations. New Year is a bit different here. People go crazy with fireworks, something we can't do because of the temperature back home which I hear is quite low. Trying to sleep on the night of December 31 was fun. It had rained early in the evening so all of the fireworks had been postponed for awhile but then it stopped and dried up so everyone started up. I fell asleep at about 10:30 but then when midnight rolled around it was like a constant Thunderstorm. I had one ear smashed into my mattress and my pillow smashed into my other. We actually forgot that on the 1st we had to be home by 5 so we literally got nothing accomplished on either of those days. We had to go up to Bacolod on the 1st to withdraw money because we literally had nothing!

The fact that we didn't get us much accomplished this week showed in our numbers. We only had 1 investigator at church this Sunday which is depressing after having 5 and 6 for the past couple weeks. Makes me want to go out be much more productive.

There really isn't a whole lot to say about this week. Other than Happy 2014! I love all of you and hope you had a great Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year!

-Elder Walters




Little Arwen Jover (5) wanted me to wear her headband and take a picture. So I did! I love seeing smiles on the little kids faces! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment