Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8.12.13

Simana Duha sa Valladolid


It's been another week, and once again I have no idea where the time goes. We were able to shop last P-Day at Gaisano, which is pretty much just like a U.S. mall so that was nice! We also got to eat at Pizza Hut! I'm able to buy pretty much anything I would want to eat like the US. The living conditions here are terrible, but yet they have all the accommodations you need. People literally have flat screen TV's in their huts in the middle of Rice Fields, I don't even understand how they get electricity out there.

This week we had our Zone Training Meeting, and our Mission President's Training Meeting so we were pretty busy with those. We have to Travel to Bago for most meetings which is about a 20 minute bus ride away. We were pretty busy with all those meetings and had a really slow week, so we didn't get many lessons.

At our Mission President's Training we talked about some pretty sweet stuff. I'm so pumped for these next couple of weeks. In our zone we are going to pilot some of the new proselyting techniques. One group is working with Facebook, another is working on more organized church tours, and guess what my group got?!?!?!?!?!? We got BASKETBALL! Yup, that's right. Filipinos love their basketball. So President Thought it would be great for a couple of White Guys from America to teach the Primary Aged kids from 8-12 how to play basketball while the sister missionaries teach the parents! We will hold a clinic hopefully once a week, and then teach them a quick lesson before we start, and then we'll play some basketball! Gonna be totally awesome! We're even having shirts made for Elder Hawk and Me. They're going to pretty sweet. Going to have the Captain Moroni Statue, but he'll be standing on a basketball instead (totally my idea, thought it was kinda brilliant (;)

Well let's see what other crazy things I've done this week. I didn't really eat anything else crazy. We caught a lizard in our apartment, we almost caught a mouse. I saw a huge rat just outside our backdoor and that kinda grossed me out. Um I rode standing on a 1 ft. platform on the back of a Jeepney (they're like long covered trucks with benches inside them, kind of like mini busses.) I also rode on top of one of those. Totally would be illegal in the US, but here in the Philippines there's literally no rules, kinda crazy. Mother don't worry about me hanging and riding on top of cars. People do it all the time, and I have a good death-hold on everything so I'm all good!

This Sunday was Stake Conference, so that was kind of neat! Still hard to understand everyone, but church is done in mostly English. During the Stake Business, about 10 people literally opposed the Stake Presidency, and that was different. Never actually seen that happen. Apparently they have no legitimate reason, so I don't understand haha. They just kept going, no big deal!

We hoping this next week will be filled with more lessons. Cuz our Key indicators weren't the greatest, but that just means there is more room for improvement! I was able to attend a baptism for another ward, and I just can't wait to have one in ours! Going to be great!

Palangga ko kamo! Maghambal ko sa inyo karon!

-Elder Walters

Chillin in a Rice Field


The Book of Mormon in 3 Languages- Basahon = Cebauno, Aklat = Tagalog, Libro = Hiligaynon


Showering in the Rain


Our Favorite Filipino Restaurant 'Namitz' (namit means deliscious)


Bago Zone (August 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment