Tuesday, December 9, 2014

12.8.14

Crazy Week #2

So you all though last week was crazy!!! Well I mean it was, but this week was pretty crazy too. In the past 2 weeks I have worked for a total of 4 days in Sewahon. This last week there was the possible threat of Typhoon Ruby to strike the Philippines. It missed us but it caused quite a panic. We went on lockdown again just like we did last year for Yolanda. So Wednesday we had p-day. Then Thursday morning we had our Zone Training meeting and were informed of the lockdown starting on Friday. Because we live up in the mountain we were told to get the things we need and then come back down to safety. So after training we did just that. Went and got extra things and then came back to Sagay. Then Thursday night the Zone Leaders called and told us and the Alimatoc Elders to come stay with them in Dian-ay. So Friday morning we woke up and headed to Dian-ay and stayed there until this morning! Then last night we got a call from the office saying Elder Derecho will be transferring. The problem is we were in Dian-ay. And they wanted us to be in Sagay at 8 am. We still needed to go back to Sewahon, he still needed to pack and the only transportation down the mountain at that time of day is a motorcycle. So that sure made things interesting. So we made it back up the mountain and got his stuff. On the way down I held Elder Derecho's suitcase on my lap on the motorcycle! It was pretty crazy! So right now I'm just waiting for companion to show up from Bacolod. I have no idea who it is. Also transfer day is actually next week, so there's still a possibility that I could transfer next week! It's killing me. President Lopez is just unpredictable! I don't know what's going to happen.

Also the wedding and baptisms that were supposed to happen last week got cancelled because of the Typhoon, that again didn't do anything here, but it's better to be safe than sorry! Then this next weekend we have stake conference so I have no idea when the wedding is going to be or when they'll be baptized or if I'll even be here. It's really unfortunate. But the work goes on! Also this past Sunday was the first time on my mission that I did not attend Church. Since we were on lockdown and couldn't leave. So that means it's also like the first time in probably like 2 years that I've missed church, so it's kinda weird! But it is what it is! I'm excited to find out who my new companion is and to get to work and to go back and visit all of our members and investigators in Sewahon who've probably been wondering where we have been! It's literally been a week since we've worked!

Also new rule. We are no longer allowed to 'chat' during emails. Kinda unfortunate but it is what it is! Let's be happy we were allowed to do it for 75% of my mission! The last 25% with no chatting will just make coming home that much more exciting! I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy this wonderful spirit of Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment