Sunday, September 15, 2013

9.9.13

Another Week Comes and Goes

That's pretty much how it felt this week. The week came and left, and nothing really different happened from the beginning. Our teaching was low, and all our numbers were nearly nothing. Kind of a trying week. Doesn't help when you get sick and don't want to move for a couple days. I'm feeling much better today than Saturday, but still a little under the weather. Just an upset stomach as part of the adjustment period I've been told.

So like I said this week was pretty bad, but that just means next week HAS to be better, right? That's got to be the mindset, or things will never get better. It all starts with Faith. Faith in yourself, and your companionship, and more importantly Faith in our Heavenly Father. If we don't have the faith that our Heavenly Father will help us, why are we even here?

During the week I read a quote from Elder Richard L. Evans of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in a Liahona. It said "We can't do everything for everyone everywhere, but we can do something for someone somewhere." This is so true, and so uplifting. So yes our numbers were bad this week, but like it says, we can't do everything for everyone. We may have taught 1 lesson, but that 1 lesson could have been exactly what they needed. We need to feel as though the work we do is helping someone, not everyone. Because we can't help EVERYONE.

Luyag ko ng ma-share ang isa pa nga sulat halin sa Liahona, halin sa anonymous nga Apostles.

"When we want to speak to God, we pray. And when we want Him to speak to us, we search the Scriptures."

I know this to be true. Our Heavenly Father wants to hear from us and wants to help us, first we must do our part by communicating with him and reading our scriptures. He always wants to help, but he wants to help even more when we put ourselves in the position to learn from his words. I know that as I read the scriptures and the words of the Apostles and Prophets that my testimony and my knowledge of this Gospel grows immensely. I wouldn't be able to build my testimony if I didn't first exercise my faith by reading and praying. Everything in life starts with faith in something. Why not put our faith in the best place possible, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Moroni 7:33 says " And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to whatsoever thing is expedient in me."

If we have faith in our Heavenly Father and the thing we want is just, and according to the Will of God, he will surely help us through it!


I love all of you and hope that you were able to learn and be uplifted from my short and simple message. :)

Halong sa tanan!
-Elder Walters

Glass bottled Gatorade. Awwww yeah!

Visiting with Cielo, she's the girl right next to Elder Hawk, she's a recent convert. Her sister Carla who is in back is an investigator!

Standing in front of the Church!

The New Bago Zone. Our ZL1 got emergency transferred week 4!

Bago Zone liwat!

Just doing what I do best. Looking good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment