Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4.7.14

Last Week of Elder Orlanda

Well Elder Orlanda has now officially left me. I'm here with Elder Evans (Las Vegas) and Elder Mu (Sydney, Australia) until transfer day on Wednesday when we find out who our new companions will be! Should be fun with 3 native English speakers! It'll be a little different when we work because our Investigators will have no Filipino to speak too. So hopefully they bring things back down to our level of understanding! hah But we're all good, I've been here the shortest amount of time of the 3 of us so we'll be completely fine, I'm actually excited!

This week was weird knowing that it was the last week of Elder Orlanda. Church turned into a tear fest. Fast and Testimony Meeting turned into let's give thanks to Elder Orlanda Meeting! It was crazy. Elder Orlanda was one of the first 2 missionaries assigned in Mina and now he has left. Also weird because his first companion finished his mission in Mina as well, odds are I won't finish my mission hear, haha! That'd be like 18 months in one area!

I'm super excited to be able to watch General Conference this next weekend, we're always a week behind in Broadcasts here! We also have a baptism this weekend as well! So I'm excited for that and for my new companion, I only hope that he is nice and not disobedient!

This week I read in D&C 135, pretty crazy section. Verse 3 says:

Joseph Smith, the aProphet and bSeer of the Lord, has done more, csave Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it. In the short space of twenty years, he has brought forth the Book of Mormon, which he translated by the gift and power of God, and has been the means of publishing it on two continents; has sent the dfulness of the everlasting gospel, which it contained, to the four quarters of the earth; has brought forth the revelations and commandments which compose this book of Doctrine and Covenants, and many other wise documents and instructions for the benefit of the children of men; gathered many thousands of the Latter-day Saints, founded a great city, and left a fame and name that cannot be slain. He lived great, and he died great in the eyes of God and his people; and like most of the Lord’s anointed in ancient times, has sealed his mission and his works with his own eblood; and so has his brother Hyrum. In life they were not divided, and in death they were not fseparated!

I'm super Thankful for Joseph Smith and all that he did for us. He truly has done more than any other person, save Christ Himself, for the salvation of our souls. He truly gave his life for the truth, same as Jesus Christ, but yet some people still don't see it. People fight so hard against the truth, no Church other than this one faces as much tribulation and criticism, why is that? Because this is the true Church of Jesus Christ on the Earth today. Christ gave his life for the Church and the Salvation of our Souls, and so did Joseph Smith. I am indeed grateful for both of these men and the great sacrifices they made for me. I only hope that I can do something here on this Earth to repay them. I'm certainly not the Savior of the World or the Prophet of the Restoration, but I know that You and I can make a difference in this world. Whether great or small, it's all the same! We can all help someone to realize the truth! That is the purpose of life.

I love you all and thank you for all your love and support! May our Heavenly Father continue to help you to recognize the many blessings you have in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment