Monday, December 9, 2013

12.9.13

Lapit na ang Paskwa! (Christmas is Close!)

How is it going my family!? Another week comes and goes, as well as another transfer day. As for the big news of where I got transferred too......... I didn't. I'm still here in Valladolid! That makes a start of my 4th transfer here! I'm so glad I'm still here and going to be here for Christmas!

I've been so excited to get to work with our new Bishopric and getting transferred would have been unfortunate! The Bishopric went on Member Exchanges with us this past Saturday which was awesome. We're able to get more work done and get to know our Bishopric better at the same time! It was also a challenge because Brother Ordenario's English isn't that great! He's actually from Manila so he's more comfortable speaking Tagalog. So at church yesterday he gave some closing remarks and he pretty much spoke Tagalog the whole time. I had no idea what he was saying. I've gotten to the point now where I can distinguish whether people are speaking Hiligaynon, Cebuano, or Tagalog. But I don't understand them obviously! But I'm making progress! So that's exciting! I actually memorized the First Vision the other day in Tagalog just for the fun of it. I'll have to recite it in both Hiligaynon and Tagalog for you so you guys can hear how awesome it sounds!

This past week our numbers increased in quite a few areas! We still have our one Investigator who will be baptized on Christmas! We will always be having it at the Stake Center. A Christmas Day Stake Baptism! It's going to be so awesome! I'm so excited! We have other investigators as well who are working towards baptism but they will probably take place in January! I'm excited!

So as for new foods I've eaten lately. I've eaten more duck, chicken intestine and liver. And I also ate some Kanding the other day. Which is goat haha. The goat wasn't too bad, but the chicken liver was awful and the chicken intestine just kinda grosses me out! I'm still alive though so it's all good!

Other than that though there isn't much that is new around here! Still doing the same thing! Living the Missionary Life. Can't wait to speak to all of you in less than 3 weeks! Going to be great! Love you all!!

-Elder Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment