Thursday, November 14, 2013

11.11.13

Maayong Aga halin sa Pilipinas!

Well for anyone who heard the knew that the Philippines was it by a terrible Super Typhoon, that of course is true. Many Islands have experienced quite a bit of damage, many people lost there homes, and many people are probably still without power and communication. You all probably have more access to that information than I do! But as for the missionaries here in the Bacolod Mission, we are all safe and sound! Here in my zone it's as if nothing ever happened, but other areas in my mission we hit pretty badly so please keep them in your prayers, as for the rest of the Philippines as well. These peoples homes are not the American Standard, many of them are made of bamboo and tin, very poorly constructed and many were destroyed. Please pray for the health and safety, these people are amazing!!

As I said it's as if nothing ever happened here in Valladolid. We had strong winds and strong rain for maybe 30 minutes. I was expecting a lot more damage and a lot stronger of a storm to hit us, but our prayers and your prayers were answered. We are all safe and free from damage! Thank so much for your love and prayers, they mean a lot, even when we don't experience such calamities as this!

So this week not a whole go accomplished. We were informed Wednesday of the impending Typhoon and were told to prepare ourselves that night. We needed to make sure we had enough food and water and candles and everything to survive without power. Then all day Thursday and Friday we were cooped up in our apartment. We spent quite a bit of time studying, cleaning, and putting up Christmas Decorations :) ! It was honestly quite boring, but I know that by following the counsel of our Mission President and staying inside that we were blessed and protected from all the Devastation of Typhoon Yolanda. And also know that all of your prayers went a long way as well. The Lord is mindful of all of us!

So Sunday morning as we were getting ready to leave for Church, I had this strange prompting that I should take my Preach My Gospel manual with me to church. Something I haven't done once since I got here. I don't know why, but I decided to listen and to take it with me. Lo and behold when we get to church both Elder Cruz and I are asked to speak in Sacrament meeting because we had no assigned speakers, and then after Sacrament meeting Elder Cruz was asked to teach the Gospel Doctrine class. Good thing I brought my PMG with me otherwise it would've been a little rough. Just one of those moments you're glad for the promptings of the Spirit, and the fact that you heard them and listened!

Once again I'm so thankful for all of your love, support, and prayers it means so much to me to hear that everyone is thinking of us!

I love all of you!
-Elder Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment